Friday, 19 March 2010

The Ghost of Thomas Kempe

Another children's book, which I read yesterday, wanted to post about and found I couldn't as I'd already used up my post for the day. Releasing myself from such a restriction was a fantastic idea! Anyway, this is a children's book about a ghost of the poltergeist type. Poor James is constantly being blamed for the acts of the ghost, who doesn't seem to understand that it's no longer the 17th century. Eventually, James learns that to get rid of a ghost, you need an exorcism. Only there's a problem: this particular ghost has been exorcised before and isn't about to fall for that again!

There is, of course, a happy ending, but if you want to know how it comes about, you're going to have to read the book yourself. There's a reason it won the 1973 Carnegie Medal. It's certainly worth reading.

No comments: