Friday, 19 March 2010

200 Four-Ingredient Recipes

I have elected to abandon my 'one post a day' rule. I will now be posting whenever I damn well feel like it. This means that I will post when I finish a book, when I'm bored (I have an enormous back log!) and probably every morning.

My big sister gave me this book for Christmas and I've used it quite a few times. It has some lovely recipes in it, though it will insist on considering 'salt and pepper' as one ingredient and occasionally forgetting that 'water' is a fifth thing. Being of the totally easygoing nature that I am (no, really), I don't mind it occasionally getting confused about the exact amount that 'four' represents. I would also like to point out that if you look at the word 'ingredient' for any length of time, it starts looking very very wrong. If anyone knows the etymology of it, please share.

This is a highly recommended cook book, quick (and sometimes not so quick - read the instructions for the soy-marinated chicken carefully), simple recipes that taste fantastic.
Tonight I'm making chilled chocolate and espresso mousse (except with weak coffee not espresso as the Wendy is allergic to caffeine) and roast chicken with lemon and cheese (or something).

No comments: