Thursday, 01 December 2011

Lacey Top

This took forever to make, but was well worth it. A word of advice, however, don't start learning something new (a) with something complicated or (b) while studying. Which is part of why you're not getting a picture of the back - I messed up the lace pattern on that panel. I would have liked this to be a bit longer - I feel like I spend all my time pulling it down, but it may just be that I'm getting a bit plump now that I'm not walking over to Hiddingh every day. Lace is really easy, and I would happily make more lacey things. I really like the edging, even if it does require you to sew. I made the neck edging a little big, so it doesn't really sit flat and I put in a little lace detail because I could. I'm really pleased with how this turned out, but I'd knit an extra set and a half or so of the lace pattern at the beginning to make it longer, if I made it again.

The pattern is here.

No comments: