Tuesday, 15 November 2011

Geographical Challenges

This looks like being a particularly interesting challenge. There are no levels or targets set, the intention is simply to read about the Middle East. If you're wondering what is meant by "Middle East", have a look at the info post over here, which includes a bunch of books as well.

The Middle East is a particularly interesting area archaeologically, as well as historically, so I really do like the idea of reading up about it. I'm fairly sure that my knowledge of the area is shocking, so I'm really looking forward to this. While I'm tempted to set myself an amount to read, I'm going to resist the temptation.

Another geographic challenge I'm going to do is Reading Round Rome. One of the best things about this challenge is that I can start it now! I will just have to read seven books, instead of six. How simple is that?

Something that attracts me to both of these challenges is that they include non-fiction as well as fiction, which thrills me as I love non-fiction. I'm also terribly interested in history and religion and all that, both of which these challenges will have in abundance!

1 comment:

margheallaraleim said...

Welcome to the Challenge, Andrea - I look forward to reading your reviews. You've got quite a few challenges lined up for 2012!