Wednesday, 26 January 2011

Yoga for Real Life

I do like my yoga books. I bought this after I started doing Kundalini Yoga. Most of the yoga practiced here focuses on the asanas, the postures. Kundalini is different in that the focus there is on moving with the breath. The major focuses of Kundalini are breath and mantra. Doing Kundalini is almost like a moving meditation. And, regardless of how easy it sounds, it really isn't. Because in Kundalini they like to repeat a move (in time with the breath) for long periods of time. In this book, the recommendation is to start with about 5 minutes for each practice and build your way up to half an hour.

The thing I really like about this book is that it talks about integrating yoga into your life. So that it's not just about the time you spend on your mat. If you're interested in yoga, this is an interesting read.

No comments: