Thursday, 20 January 2011

Busman's Honeymoon

My first Dorothy Sayers, the last of her Lord Peter Wimsey mysteries. I really enjoyed this. The characters were engaging and I actually cared about what happened to most of them (even the annoying ones that I didn't particularly like).

I can't say how I would react to moving to my new home and finding a corpse in the cellar (of course, South African homes don't really have cellars, so the chances are miniscule), but I imagine I'd have some interest in knowing how and why it came to be there. I don't think I'd be quite as cavalier about it as Lord Peter, but since this is set just before the second world war one can imagine that things were very different then. Anyway, this is a wonderfully written book with an excellent plot. Highly recommended

No comments: