Wednesday, 18 August 2010

Fever of the Bone

I'd never heard of Val McDermid until I picked this up at the Wordsworth Sale (and Exclusives have just dropped their sale prices by 50% - it's going to be an expensive week!), but I will certainly be keeping an eye out from now on.

I loved the way that she wove the story lines together. The teenagers that don't know they're about to be murdered. The first investigation, the second investigation, the cold case, the personal stuff and the office politics. I particularly like the way that you see different characters thoughts and points of view throughout the story. Not only was there weaving of story lines, but there was the weaving together of characters through the sub-plot of computers, technology and the internet.

I look forward to reading more about the elite team of DCI Carol Jordan, as well as unrelated books. This is another one for the collection.

No comments: