Tuesday, 15 June 2010

Death In Holy Orders

I'm not generally a fan of PD James. That is to say, I tried to read a couple of other books of hers and didn't make it to the end of the first chapter. I picked this up at a little roadside stall in Fish Hoek and brought it to the US with me for reading on the plane. I really enjoyed it. It was a long complicated story that was very well told with characters and characterisation that I could get behind. I gather that this is a book in a series, so I will be looking out for others in that series. James writes well and the story is engaging. I really enjoyed the setting, which is surprisingly eerie and yet comfortable at the same time. There were sections that I thought rather far-fetched, but that's to be expected in this genre.

In other news, we're in the States so I probably won't be getting much reading done. I will update whenever I finish a book. And for those of you who get this through feeds, come have a look at the new layout!

No comments: