Tuesday, 11 May 2010

Tuesdays With Morrie

It has been forever! This is because I have been sick and huddled underneath the duvet reading piles of books. It was fun, although I really do prefer being either not sick or properly sick. I do not like any sort of general malaise characterised by an inability to use my brain.

This is not the sort of book I would normally choose for myself, I don't think. I went and got this one out of the library purely by chance. I'm doing a writing job for some woman who wants summaries of certain books. This was the first one on the list that I spotted, so I took it home with me and began reading and summarising it.

It's a sad story, yet heartwarming at the same time. It's also rather repetitive and badly organised, though that is part of it's charm. It makes me wish I'd met Morrie and glad that I'm nothing like Mitch, the author. It's certainly a book that I'd recommend. It's a quick, easy read that is likely to stay with you for a long time.

No comments: