Wednesday, 19 May 2010

The Skeleton Man

This is a book that was picked up at random at an EB sale. Bum suggested it because he knows how much I enjoy murder mysteries. This was a good one. It had some irritating features and some blazingly obvious 'twists', but there was an awful lot of good writing and it was very enjoyable. Not, however, enjoyable enough for me to look out for other Philip Dryden mysteries. The main reason for that is that the man in question is some sort of journalist or something and I really prefer my main characters to be either detectives of some sort. I do not like journalistic detectives who find their mysteries while researching something else. I don't know why, but I very rarely enjoy those. If you do enjoy that sort of thing, though, then you should look out for others in this series because Kelly is a good writer.

No comments: