Tuesday, 11 May 2010

Intracortical remodeling during human bone development – a histomorphometric study

This is a fascinating paper about bone remodeling. Essentially, it sampled a bunch of people's bone to find out what the bone looks like when the people are growing. It's very interesting to me, because I care about things like this (hello, corrections!). It's probably not very interesting to you if you don't. I have a .pdf if you want a copy.

Anyway, the point of this article is mostly to do with cortical porosity, which I'm not particularly interested in. It gives a pretty good outline of the process of remodeling and much of what it talks about is very interesting, if completely useless for my thesis.

The full citation:
Rauch, F; Travers, R & Glorieux, FH. 2007. Intracortical remodeling during human bone development - a histomorphometric study. Bone 40:274-280.

No comments: