Saturday, 02 August 2008

Fountain of Youth

The LARP happened. It was most enjoyable and people should play it. Once again I was playing a character in love with Verolin's character. I shall attempt to restrain myself from details, as I'll get into trouble for that [and then you won't be able to play and you must!] The point is that is was most enjoyable, far more enjoyable than I was expecting it to be. That sounds like a very nasty thing to say, but it's true. My general experience with LARPs is that few of them live up to the expectation and many are marred by long waiting times prior to playing. This was plagued by a long period of waiting, but for a change the LARP actually made up for it. There are a few problems that need to be fixed, but I'm sure they will be.

This morning I spend working on costuming for next Friday's LARP, Last Days of Winter. All the Chinese-style dresses were too big [at least, all the ones in the right colour that I'd actually consider wearing]. But eventually I found something that was the right colour and could be made to work. I never thought I'd say this, but it would fit better if my chest were flatter. But it fits very nicely, though the plan of two underdresses will not work. I have other ideas though... Particularly considering the character's mixed heritage.

And now I'm going home to cuddle up on the couch with a blanket and watch movies while eating strawberries and chocolate :)

1 comment:

H* said...

We are honoured that players are purchasing clothing for our LARP. I hope it will meet expectations. :/