Friday, 20 June 2008

Cute smugness!

For those of you wondering [I know I would be], the title is for the express purposes of keeping the Wombat happy. The reason that I am feeling particularly smug today is because the problem of teleporting samples seems to be solved. The [very helpful] overseas people told me that they would do some tests, but that they thought it likely that the tape was cracking due to manipulation while still frozen. What could be manipulating the tape during the milling process? Unsecured end plugs. So, a slightly different taping method seems to have solved the problem. And I am properly smug, until it turns out that [once again] I am wrong. Now, I can't mill more as the LN appears to have run out, but there will be more next week [I hope]. In the meantime: defatting solution for my other samples, so that I actually have some reasonably fat-free samples to mill.

In other news, I have been attempting to write up the notes that I made while discuss LARPstuff with Beth. This is apparently a good plan, as I spent quite a lot of time going "how was [character] involved with [particular plotline]?" and I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to remember after Dragonfire. And, importantly, I found it just as amusing as when we were discussing it, so that's good.

I made it to yoga last night, but not this morning. I don't think I'm quite up to going to classes two days in a row though, they're much more strenuous than doing it at home by myself. Perhaps I shall make tomorrow morning's class...

No comments: