Monday, 03 March 2008

Block Application

Why do I still have a facebook account? Because I'm too lazy to delete it. Because this way I can still see people's photos. It's the only way I find out about who's died lately. Currently I'm fighting the temptation to just hit the 'ignore all' bit on the invites and requests and what have you. Why? Because I'm going through and blocking every application I've been invited to add. I have no interest in the stupid things and I don't want them cluttering up my life. So I'm taking the time [while I do other, more important stuff, of course] to block as many of them as I can. I must admit to gaining some sort of rather sadistic pleasure out of it, but I don't really understand the how or the why of that.

Okay, the weekend happened. Friday morning was another horrendous early morning all in the name of teaching the tutlings. That went reasonably well, except for the fact that there are some things they don't understand. Like - if you don't ask us what something is and just assume you know, you might be wrong and you will get no marks when you have to identify something similar. But don't feel that you're under any obligation to admit any sort of ignorance. Later in the day [and far more important than some idiot tutlings] I discovered the air compressor. I knew it was there somewhere, and now I know exactly where and how it works and so on. So I can clean Wendell out of the mill completely. It's exciting.

On Saturday, I started the day by gardening. I like to garden and I like plants. I particularly like my plants. They were ruthlessly pruned and the ones not responding to the pesticide were sadly sent away. They were all half dead anyway and so infested that they couldn't be saved. It was very depressing. Now all I need are new pots and new plants. But I'm not allowed any until after we've moved. One of the plants got another spraying of poison as it was only by pruning away the dead bits that I discovered some of the evil plant-killing bugs on it. So it got sprayed. In the midst of some much-needed filing, Mom arrived with Gummy, for tea in the garden. It was fun. Later on, I seem to have brushed up against the recently-poisoned-plant and transferred said poison from the plant to the biscuit I was eating. That was not a happy half hour, particularly since we were supposed to be leaving the house right about then. Thankfully I am my mother's daughter and off we went to watch the rest of Ergo Proxy with Confluence et al. We also watched Samurai Fiction, one of my most favourite movies ever. And then, someone unleashed the blinky lights [I blame the combined efforts of Button and H*. Button just had to mention the crystal-dragon-block and H* just had to say that there was a silver stand and then they just had to find it and plug it in]. Hours passed and eventually someone [though I forget who] found the willpower to switch on the actual light and release the rest of us.

Sunday saw grocery shopping. This was important as events had conspired against it the week before and we'd had no food in the house for a very long time. We went off to fruit and veg and then headed to the Pick'n'Pay nearest our new house. It was exciting. And, I have a watering can now. I'm sure other stuff happened yesterday, but I don't remember it.

Today will involve cleaning the mill, marking and two seminars. Then, there will be dinner with archaeologists.

1 comment:

phillygirl said...

Hey Peeble. So, a couple of things. Am in such agreement re: facebook! Wish I could find the will to just remove my profile, but my occasional need to stalk people from my past prevents this :)

erm, and moving ...?