Tuesday, 05 February 2008

Tagged

My sister has tagged me and I am now supposed to make a list of 50 things you may or may not know about me. Or care about. But it's my blog, it's about me - I don't care if you care.
  1. I have arthritis. It makes me cranky sometimes. If you've ever met me, you've probably experienced this.
  2. I am cute when stoned. I know this because Button told me last night [I have new medication, I'm still getting used to it. Hopefully I'll be back to normal in time for the game tonight].
  3. I like roleplaying. Provided, of course, that it involves people I both like and am able to tolerate for long periods of time.
  4. I am currently attempting to write a Jane Austen LARP with BT.
  5. I've been known to tolerate morons [I mean really, it's not their fault that they're stupid. Ignorance is annoying and can be cured, but if you're stupid, it's for life. They deserve your sympathy].
  6. I have amazing amounts of patience for people I don't actually like. I'm yet to work out the reasoning for this.
  7. I like my hair. It's pretty.
  8. I like most animals, with a few exceptions [like most insects].
  9. I adore garlic. Muchly.
  10. Sometimes, I crave milk. Just plain, ordinary milk. I don't even like milk. I blame the arthritis.
  11. Sometimes, I enjoy watching movies/tv shows/anime. Most of the time I'm just not that interested. And I'm almost never interested enough to go to the cinema. Poor Button.
  12. I adore the Symphony - there's nothing better than sitting in a concert hall while an orchestra plays. Or whatever happens to be going on in the concert hall, as long as it involves people with instruments. I'm fond of Theatre too, but I prefer the Symphony. Opera falls somewhere inbetween.
  13. My sister taught me to read, when I was 3 or 4 years old. She claims that she's regretted it ever since because I would never play with her, as I was too busy reading.
  14. My mother wasn't supposed to have children at all. The doctors told her that after my sister, she'd never have another. Well, yes. Clearly they know all about reproduction. Clearly.
  15. I'm continually surprised by how nice I am [and how much of a doormat] - it simply doesn't fit with my self-image.
  16. I like dead people. Preferably not the freshly dead though - I don't want to deal with them until they're either totally dried out, or just skeletons. Of course, when I say dried out, I meant no longer have any squishy bits or bodily fluids. I don't mind wet or muddy bones. Dirt is one of the hazards of the jobs.
  17. I have some very odd phobias.
  18. I like to play games. Sometimes, though, I find it difficult to focus...
  19. I'm not very competitive, except occasionally.
  20. I despise misspellings and certain grammatical errors. And all those smses and other messages I get that are full of stupid misspellings that are done on purpose just annoy the crap out of me. It makes me want to throw things. Preferably at the person that sent the message. It certainly does not lead to polite, friendly or even favourable answers. I don't care if it's easier for you, or if you think it's cute, or whatever you're aiming for. It makes me think you're an idiot and directs a considerable well of anger and resentment in your general direction.
  21. Stationery makes me happy :)
  22. I like plants. The more plants I have, the happier I am. Give me plants, now.
  23. I like drums. There's something primal about that kind of music that just gets right up inside you and makes you feel. I was discussing this with AD the other day as we twittered on excitedly about tribal belly dancing. Of course, it's the same thing that makes me enjoy the Symphony so much. Or certain Japanese rock music, for that matter.
  24. I didn't realise how much I enjoyed belly-dancing until I had to give it up. I still dance, occasionally, just for myself.
  25. I like water. I need to be near water. Well, preferably moving water, but I'm not always fussy about it. I like to swim, provided there aren't too many strangers around and it's a place I'm comfortable in.
  26. I like to read fan-fiction and webcomics. But I'm not telling you which.
  27. Currently, my head is spinning [yay for new medication!], I don't want to know how I'm going to manage standing up just now.
  28. Sometimes I'm easily distracted. Sometimes I'm extremely tenacious. There's simply no way to know.
I've run out of things to say, so 28 will just have to do.

1 comment:

phillygirl said...

wow, that was quick ... and you managed a longer list than me :) have done a link-back in the comment section of Half is Better Than Nought

And as such it is now your turn to pass on The Tag :)