Friday, 15 February 2008

In a Name

Apparently yesterday was Valentine's Day, and I missed it. Oh the tragedy!

In other news, I discovered the identity of the unidentified landline. I did this through the simple expedient of waiting for him to phone me again. And he did. And I knew that voice immediately. It's funny how that happens. Some of my friends [and possibly even some family] can phone me and I won't recognise their voices. But a guy I haven't heard from in about 4 years calls me and I know instantly. Possibly it had something to do with the squeaky knife noises in the background. It was DEM, my psycho ex-boyfriend [everyone has one, right?]. We [by which I mean Tiina Napoleon and myself] first called him SEC, then we got to know him a lot better and we started calling him Psycho-boy.

It's funny, how you think you leave some things behind with high school and then discover that you really haven't. Like renaming people with secret names such that people who don't know can't identify them. If we go through the names from high school... Well, there's clearly Tiina Napoleon and myself, Panda Mussolini. We had names that were much longer, as we constantly added to our list of nicknames [she had Vanessa, I had Felicity. She was the Crazy-Milk-Girl, I somehow ended up with Mr. Min and Andrew. One of us had Cinnamon, but I don't remember who... I could go on for a long time. Or I could find one of the letters that used all the names]. And we named other people, DSB, Cowboy Al, Padam, Peachy, Salamander Baghdad, the list goes on. I don't even remember half of them, though I know there were names for all of them, sometimes multiple names. And now, I do almost exactly the same thing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a weirdo, seriously.

Him, okay, and you, definitely, but differently, speaking of, why are hamsters never depicted as eaters of cheese?

akika said...

I had a hamster once [I had two, actually, just not at the same time] and they never seemed to like eating cheese. My fingers, yes, cheese not so much.

Anonymous said...

you forgot yukky vaughn guy.

:D

akika said...

I can't believe I forgot yukky-vaughn-guy. Oooh... And what was the name of yukky-vaughn-guy's friend [I know his actual name, of course]. And how [how?] did you end up with Cinnamon?

Anonymous said...

And you forgot about Spunky Dashwood! (Yes, you again!!)

akika said...

I had completely forgotten I was Spunky. I forgot Kristov and Spikulous as well. Although, I didn't so much forget that we call Spike Spike, as I forgot it wasn't her real name ["I have some very important biological information for you. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has the same number of syllables as Carbaminohaemaglobin."]

Anonymous said...

You know what disturbs me? How much of this I'm actually following.

Where did it all go wrong?

But still, yes, Hamsters do love fingers, what's up with that? In other news, I have a real papercut, yeah, it's not that impressive really.