Thursday, 27 September 2007

two feet, firmly on the ground

Sort of, at any rate...

So, stuff has happened. There was a lovely long weekend that was supposed to involve work. It didn't though, as we spent most of sunday and monday at miller's, along with my parents and the puppies [who are soon to be 9 years old, but that doesn't stop them from being puppies]. On Saturday night we celebrated BO's one year with racing [I just watched, it was funny] and then supper at the spur. There were 11 of us, poor waiter. And most people had the special that involved being given lighters... At the very least it was a fun evening and Kenilworth Centre is still standing. On Friday night... work happened. I don't recall anything else happening, but I'm fairly sure it wasn't all work.

Since then, work has tried to happen. I did some chemistry on Tuesday. I didn't do any milling because there was no LN to use ... so I guess it's a good thing I didn't try to do work on Monday - Miller's was a lot better than being annoyed that I was at varsity on a public holiday and couldn't mill. There was no game on Tuesday, though SC & AP are back from Poland. Next week... Yesterday was museum day and I finally [finally!] got through Deano's thesis. Of course, now I have to go back to one of his giant tables 'cause I've decided to add some info into the inventory... oh well. Then there was yoga, all by myself 'casue Button was off with BO somewhere. It was nice and I really enjoyed it. It's been a couple of weeks since I was last there - why archaeologists will insist on scheduling talks for yoga night I will never understand!

Today, there has been milling! Yay! I'm currently waiting for that which was milled to be ready to be sieved. Well, I have to wait for the tube to warm up enough for me to check and see whether there's still powder inside it. Then that powder needs to be sieved. I have a nasty feeling that said powder is not in the tube. And if it takes too long, I won't find out until tomorrow morning, 'cause I've got to go to the museum soonish... Had a very nice chat to LC this morning. It's been a while since I've really had a chance to talk to her and she was both understanding and supportive, as well as being helpful.

No comments: