Wednesday, 05 September 2007

rainy rain

I was going to wear my pretty red shoes from chinatown today. I haven't really been able to wear them 'cause one of them was refusing to accept that it was supposed to have a heel attached to it. Eventually I gave up trying to fix it and removed the other heel. So now I can wear them. Unfortunately they are not designed for inclement weather, so I decided not to wear them today. Very smart of me, as it turns out, as I haven't seen this much rain all at once for quite a while.

I didn't make my lecture this morning. I was going to, but then sleep needed to happen. Apparently I slept very deeply [though Button claims that when he came to bed - and had to move me so that he could fit in the bed - I only woke up long enough to tell him that I hadn't fallen asleep yet. I don't remember this and have no idea whether or not it's true], and sometimes when that happens I really just can't wake up until I've slept enough. Which was apparently until just before eight, this morning. On the other hand I feel really good now.

Button and I went shopping last night. We had to buy him some shiny black shoes to match his suit 'cause he has to go to a funeral today. We also ended up going out for supper [again] as we were starving and not nearly ready to head home to our empty fridge. We did a little bit of grocery shopping so that we could eat breakfast this morning [pasta leftovers make a great breakfast before 7am, fish not so much]. There were a few heart stopping moments when our cart [with Button's shiny new shoes, et al.] disappeared. Luckily the people behind us had just taken the wrong one - obviously the most distinguishing characteristic of their cart was the screaming child in it and now that they'd let it out, they couldn't tell which was theirs anymore. Or something...

No comments: