Monday, 10 September 2007

Long day already...

Well, it's been a while, and things have happened. I [finally] worked out what was [still] wrong with the mill and spoke to JL about it. We came up with two possible solutions, one of which Button and I tried out yesterday afternoon. It worked reasonably well, with the simple problem of me not being able to get the tube out afterwards, because it was in so tightly. This is a problem, but at least the sample stayed in the tube!

On Friday evening Button and I went shopping. Theoretically this was going to be grocery shopping, but it didn't end up that way. While shopping for funeral shoes for him, I'd spotted a nice pair of black sandals that said "buy me". They've got a slight heel, but nothing to difficult for me to cope with. And they'll go very nicely with just about every item of clothing I own and ... well, the only exception I can think of is my [numerous pairs of] tracksuit pants, which I'm very fond of, but don't usually feel the need to wear heels with, so it's okay. Considering the funeral, Button had put the idea of a little black dress into my head. While I have one, it's a light summery thing and simply won't do for more formal occasions. So we wandered about trying to see if there was something suitable, which we didn't find. Though I even tried on a couple. Then we wandered into one of the expensive stores and spotted a lovely dress which was on sale for less than R100, so we bought it.

Saturday morning it was off to the optometrist. One we'd never been to. I'm getting new glasses [I can't wait for Saturday]. Poor Button however, received the news that his retinas were damaged [which abysmal idiot thought it would be a good idea to have white site forms in the desert?] - he's not getting new glasses 'cause he doesn't really need them, though apparently he needs a different kind of contact lens for the one eye... In the evening we went off to Edgemead for D&B's engagement party. I wore my new dress, with pants underneath and my pretty sandals. Aside from having cold feet, it was really nice and quite fun. Hopefully the wedding won't clash with the conference that's happening around that time...

Yesterday Button and I [prior to doing some milling] rearranged much of the house. We like it better like this and I'm pretty sure that the plants do too...

No comments: