Monday, 03 September 2007

glitter in my hair


So, the show happened on Saturday. I wasn't particularly nervous and I really enjoyed being backstage with the other women. I hope those few of you who came to watch us enjoyed it. The music was a little iffy, but overall it was great. And, of course, we all looked wonderful and most of us [my group at any rate] were well-practiced and got off with minor hitches. The finale was fun, if not very interesting [how else will you get 138 dancers to be on the stage at the same time?] I still have glitter in my hair and last time it took me nearly a week to get the stage make-up to disappear completely...

I spent most of my time backstage trying [and failing] to get hold of DB - a gentleman I've known for his entire life, who had gotten engaged on Friday. It's very exciting [though more than a little weird] and Button and I are off to an engagement party next weekend.

In other news, Button and I spent yesterday morning at the Green Point craft market. One of my favourite things to do on a Sunday morning... We were in the mood to be shopping, so we bought a rather large pile of books [the one guy was selling 3 books for R5, what would you have done?] Most of those will make their way to whatamireading at some point. The colour atlas of human anatomy won't, though.

This morning I had my first test in a very long time. Aside from going completely blank when first faced with the questions, I think it went reasonably well. This morning is also the twin's birthday - so HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Selan and Kiri, though I doubt they'll read this...

And did I mention the mill? The evil mill which my sample sat at the bottom of it for the whole weekend? And which is still not dry? I have no words to describe how I feel about the mill...

No comments: