Monday, 17 September 2007

already?

It's monday morning, classes started - which is to say I had to get up really early - again today, wendell was being uncooperative... however, I have lovely new glasses and am determined to mill that bloody cow to within an inch [or, really, a micron] of its life and get it through that sieve. Perhaps this sieve isn't working and I should switch to a different sieve.... there's a thought. Something to look into anyway.

So... the weekend happened. Saturday morning saw button and I up horrifically early [what kind of person thinks it's a good idea to drill into the wall in a block of flats at that hour?]... morning routines finished, it was off to get the glasses :) They're very pretty, but while I'm vain enough to keep wanting to look in the mirror while I'm wearing them [I expect that's going to wear off by next week though] I'm not quite vain enough to take a picture and put it up here for all of you. If you want to see them, you'll have to come visit me.

Later in the day, I saw mary, who was having a birthday. That was a fun afternoon, though we did little else than wander around the waterfront looking at pretty things and watching an old movie again. In the evening, button and I were planning to go see some artsy thing at hiddingh, but miscommunication happened and we stayed home and watched Kiki's Delivery Service instead.

We spent a lazy sunday morning wandering around the craft market, yet again buying an extremely large pile of books... Yesterday's major event, however, was the opera - Mozart's Magic Flute, directed by Willian Kentridge. It was visually stunning - and I mean that in the strongest sense of the word. It was fantastically beautiful and incredibly well done. The cast was well put together and played their roles exceptionally well. In fact, the only thing I didn't like was the story, which is rather sad as it made the whole thing far less enjoyable for me than it should have been... Afterwards, button and I went out for dinner, which was very nice, so the evening ended well.

No comments: