Tuesday, 03 July 2007

So much to do...

Look, it's Tuesday again. It's like some sort of ... thing. Roleplaying tonight, which is exciting. I have a sneaking suspicion I was supposed to email Adrianna something, but I don't remember what it was... I know I'm supposed to have sent some stuff to Beth, which I haven't done 'cause I just haven't had a chance to...

So far work has been fun today. 'Fun' being a euphemism for 'awful'. I suppose it's not really been that bad - but it started out with my arriving, only to realise that in all my worry to remember the computer and all its stuff [like the power cable], I'd managed to leave my keys in my other 'non-computer' bag. I needed the computer 'cause there's a new girl who's just started and she's got the one I use 'cause hers isn't up and running yet. She's very nice, and SW's asked me to help teach her about human remains and so on. There's hope yet 'cause I explained how carbon isotope analysis works and she understood me, so if I can explain that I can explain anything.

Yesterday I went out with my friend Guen in the evening. It was really nice, we hadn't seen each other in ages - the last time I heard from her, she was trying to organise a mah jong game. She's going back home to Durban [or nearby, at any rate]. We had a nice time wandering around cavendish and then I took her home and, much to my consternation, found myself on Princess Anne avenue.

I went in to varsity yesterday [some of you may have noticed I haven't been around lately - I do have a rather nice literature review coming along though...], where I found some bromoform waiting for me. I'm sure you can imagine my elation. So I organised the centrifuging for Thursday with IN and MC. And then I trundled off to make up some solutions ... and realised that I'd miscalculated and didn't have enough bromoform after all. I made all the solutions, except for the last one. IN thought that should be fine, as all it meant was that two fractions became one. I managed to get hold of JS in the evening [thanks to KK who is one of my favourite people on the planet right now] and she agreed that it would be fine as there shouldn't be very much dense stuff anyway.

I made the mistake of spending the weekend at my parents house. It was nice to spend some time with them and the dogs, but I've never been so cold! I did get to go visit Mary-Anne, though, and see her new flat, which was cool.

I also got to speak to Button, when he got to Maryland at 10 on Sunday night. Of course, it was 2 on Monday morning for me! But it was very nice to have an actual conversation with him. Especially since he's now out of communication range, in Texas without internet and then travelling up to Maryland again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you like my flat, and by the way it was nice to see you too:)