Friday, 06 July 2007

Not my day...

Well, yesterday started well. It went rapidly downhill when I tried to weigh out the powder and realised I didn't have nearly enough. It's hard to have an idea of how much powder weighs 5g when you've never seen it [and let me just say: it's a lot!] I suppose it was a good thing that we did that before we went to MCB, so we could add some giraffe powder to my cow. The day went well, though boringly - centrifuging is fun ... the first time. My last tube of the day [there are two more to do this morning] resulted in unhappiness when the tubes decided that they wanted to spend the rest of forever in the centrifuge buckets ... with my sample. After much effort they were removed. As it was, I was late and got the late shuttle, that went first to lower campus and then back to upper campus, before going to hiddingh... And then, just when I was near dancing, a bit early, yes, but not late, some guy drove into the back of me. He was very apologetic and seemed nice enough, but I'm not exactly a sterling judge of character, so we'll just wait and see. As it is, I made it to dancing [and wasn't actually late 'cause we started late]... When I finally got home I realised that my gate-opener wasn't working. I avoided the lifts, once I'd finally gotten my car in - no point tempting fate and I've been stuck in there before [and this time there's no Button to come to the rescue]. This morning I woke up sore. Very sore. I think my body objects to being jerked around like a ragdoll... Hopefully today will be better, but I don't hold out much hope. For a start, I think I left my lights on...

No comments: