Thursday, 17 May 2007

And I realise ... I'm ... going ... ho-o-ome

So, I am hanging around uct, doing absolutely nothing. JS isn't in yet and rumour has it she won't be in all day [so why aren't I at home in bed, I ask you?]... this is problematic as I need to do stuff with the poisonous chemicals and I want her around for the first one, just in case something doesn't go exactly right... I guess it's just going to have to wait until tomorrow then... which is okay, I'm not overly excited to spend time with those stinky chemicals again too soon...

Last night Button and I had our first yoga class. The lowest level offered by the gym. Should be a reasonably easygoing, simply, introductory class, right? Why, no, actually, not at all. While neither of us managed to work up a sweat, it was still physically and mentally exhausting. But very good for me, and I felt good too, so it was okay. And either it did some good or the medication is having an effect [but I'm more inclined to suspect the yoga, since the medication hasn't managed it yet], but I was much less sore this morning than one would expect for a cold wet morning... And it's off to belly-dancing tonight...

In other news: I really enjoyed tuesday's game. I know I've already said that and Adrianna did feel the need to apologise for the lack of action, but I really enjoyed it. It was the first one in ages where I wasn't in agony [yay heating pad], freezing to death [yay heating pad again! That, btw, is not a reflection on sidrianna's health, apparently temperature control issues are common to people with psoriasis/PA] or completely unable to pay attention. I was a little sleepy [medication], but it didn't get in the way.

Button's rheumatologist friend [who is not technically a rheumatologist yet, 'cause he's still got a couple of years of residency to go ... or something. I wasn't really paying that much attention when he explained it to me] is being very helpful, though providing us with many questions for my doctor, as well as other interesting references and so on... Yay for networking and stuff! Although, it is rather odd that someone he's known since he was 18 months old would turn out to be exactly the kind of doctor needed...

.............................................................
It's kind of strange when you keep putting up song lyrics for titles. Oh well, at least they're not country songs anymore.
But, as it says, I'm going home. LC has confirmed that JS will not be in today, so I'm going to go home and ... do something... it's a bit early to head over to my mother's house, but I think I might just do that anyway. I need to go to the library, I'm hungry...

1 comment:

phillygirl said...

Hey Peeby. Glad you enjoyed Yoga and that it seems to help :)