Monday, 26 March 2007

too little time...

So...

MacBeth was lovely. I would have preferred it if I'd been able to have even the slightest inkling of what was actually going on, but it was very well done. I particularly liked the witches and the chorus. It didn't rain, luckily, but it was rather cold.

On Saturday Button and I walked up to the noon gun. We left the house at about eleven and got up there at about twenty to twelve... then we hung around. Button went to explore a machine gun battery. We listened to some guy talk about stuff and then we all went and sat nice and far away, with our ears well and truly blocked. Most people were with the guy in charge, behind the cannons, but we were off to the side so that we could see it clearly. And feel it.

Once we got back down to the house, we went for a 'swim'. Given the freezingness of the water, that might not be the most appropriate term, but that was the plan. And then we had lunch, Beth and Lucas arrived with my character sheet [yay! deciphering time!]... at about fourish, I went off to the LARP. It was the most fun I've had in a LARP in a very long time. I think I should always play old woman - nice sweet ones, cranky, cantankerous, meddling little old ladies. Even crazy ones. I like to play old ladies best of all characters. Although, I really enjoyed Goldilocks as well.

The LARP went off very well, though we didn't seem to play very long. Everyone else seemed to enjoy themselves and I managed to forget [during the LARP at least] the little bit of information I wasn't supposed to know. At least one of my sons was well-behaved, dutiful and well-mannered. As for the other one, he needs all the support and encouragement he can get. My poor grandson was injured and I keeped managing to take hold of his injured arm. oops. I can't wait to see the pictures that were taken...

Yesterday, Button went to church [poor thing, but apparently he and guy-whose-name-I-can't-pronounce-or-spell had to sit through the actual sermon before they could meet with the people in charge]. After that we went to play games with Simon, Adrianna, Neil and Kevin. Button had to leave for a meeting with B, but we kept playing without him.

Tonight, there is roleplaying...

No comments: