Wednesday, 14 March 2007

oh my aching hands...

ck WEst with sTeven, So, the game on Monday was cool. We were all there and I was even late! It was very exciting! The game itself was fun, though I think that only Simon and Waynne got much roleplaying done - the rest of us were behaving like a bunch of naughty school-children half the time. It was fun - The Lion [Hideo - Waynne] did not manage to completely anger Kamenosuke [Simon], and, in fact, didn't even seem to annoy him. Though poor Hideo seemed very confused by the rest of us. Yashamaru [Lucas] and I had some pointed conversations... oh, and I got to listen to my father for three whole days without being able to say a word - thank god for kamenosuke! Nagataka [Sean] finally finished with the roof and joined us.

I got home safely [and no prargraph that starts that way is ever good!], only to find that some poor moron had missed the sign on the gate, parked illegally and had his wheel clamped. Sadly, he seemed a little intoxicated and very desirous of talking to me. Seemed shocked when I told him about the sign on the gate. Wanted me to agree that he should get a clamp of his own and chain the car to a nearby post and a nearby grate, to give them a taste of their own medicine. I have a strategy for dealing with drunk/stupid people. Agree with everything they say and run away as soon as you can. So that's what I did.

Yesterday morning I woke up. In pain. Very painful pain. I went back to sleep. It still hurt when Button came to say goodbye. It was utterly excruciating when I woke up properly about a half hour later. So, having gotten up, had some dispirin and rubbed on the 'make my hands stop hurting' gel, I attempted breakfast, followed by trying to brush my hair and teeth with my left hand. It didn't work very well. Given that neither thing was working, I decided that I was unable to drive lik
e this and certainly couldn't work. So off I went to the doctor. He decided that it was most likely tendonitis - not something I'm unfamiliar with, hence the gel. Given a number of other things [my hands are constantly in pain, often stiff, never mind my other joints, it tends to be symmetrical...] I headed off to the vampires [also known as Pathcare] for blood tests. These are to rule out Rheumatoid Arthritis, Fibromyalgia and Lupus. And let's hope they do. Having looked those three up on WebMD, I don't think it's Lupus. I really hope it's not. It seems that I had a grandparent on each side with RA, which is thought to have a genetic component, so that;s a definite possibility, particularly given the symmetry. We're hoping it's none however.

Anyway, feeling slightly better, though still more sore than usual, I drove off to the museum to atten NC's talk. As I went down to the car, I noticed that the clamped car was still there, chained to the grate. Guess he didn't notice the 'R250/day' on the sign he didn't see either. The talk was actually quite good, better than the one I forced myself to sit through at UCT on Monday. I also got to chat to MP again, which was nice. After the talk, Button and I went out for supper, after a brief stop at home because someone was cold and not wearing shoes she could walk in. As we got there, we found that the clamped car was in the process of being towed away. I was greatly amused.

This morning finds me at the museum with still-sore hands. Trying to do my job [even trying to type this, for that matter] is proving difficult, given my unwillingness to use my very sore index fingers and thumbs...

3 comments:

Varen said...

i really hope it's not lupus.. good luck ms wall..

V

phillygirl said...

Shame Peeby, that sounds horrible! Plus I can't imagine how much pain you must be in to consent to a blood test, with a needle and everything ;)

akika said...

It's not the first time I've been desperate enough to consent to blood tests. Although, the first time it didn't hurt, this did.