Thursday, 08 February 2007

getting started

Oh the excitement! I thought I'd have nothing to do, but I was wrong. My bone needs to be cut up and then defatted. Though John said to just use a hacksaw, Judy suggested taking it to a butcher, as I'd probably have difficulty sawing through fresh bone. I'm inclined to agree with her. Then I must defat the bone. While doing that I can check that I have enough of all my chemicals. This weekend I shall have to head back home briefly, to pick up my lab coat and our other plant. I need to go through the papers and find the recipes for the various solutions and see how much of everything I'll need.

Not much else has been going on - it was definitely much easier to do belly dancing immediately followed by belly sweat than to do the one on Tuesday and the other Wednesday. Tenille suggested that it was because I was warmer for my second class. I think it was because I wasn't already sore by the time my second class came around, just tired. Although, it's been a long time since I've been to class [and longer still since I've done belly sweat], so maybe it'll get easier.

Otherwise, Katherine is very busy setting up some storage space for her stuff in the main lab, Grazia is busily writing away. Philip seems to be helping Katherine now, not so long ago he was busy with some figures. I have no idea what Riashna's up to, but she's doing something... I think I'll go home early, to start my bone defrosting, but I've got plenty of other things to do in the meantime...

No comments: