Monday, 26 February 2007

and now for the 10 micron mesh sieve with rim...

The problem with taking on a project that has been thought of for years and not had anything at all done in the last long while ... means that no one knows where anything is. With the possible exception of Ian, but since he's as easy to get a firm grip on as a million tiny drops of liquid mercury rolling across the floor, it just makes my life difficult. Luckily, he has email.

In other news, there was a weekend. Yesterday was a good day. I made progress on my wordsearch series [which is being made with Ms. Bach in mind...]. I wandered down to the market with Button [we haven't been since we got back] ... I did very little. Saturday was another lazy day, that culminated in a second journey into Obs. We went to see Duncan, and a bunch of other people that I haven't seen in a while [including Marcia!]... it was lots of fun and a few of us ended the evening at Simon and Adrianna's. Unsurprisingly, Simon and Adrianna were there, as well as Neil and Mr. Sharpe, who managed to lock his keys in his car...
Friday saw Button's first ever trip to Obs - we went to the CLAWparty, though not for very long as we were both quite tired.

The truly surprising event of the weekend [to me, at least] was when Hendri came over and told me to look at Erica's left index finger... I was very confused until Button suggested that perhaps he meant her ring finger. So, they are engaged and there is to be a wedding once Erica's handed in her dissertation... but there is to be a celebratory party sooner.

Aside from that, there is not much of interest happening, though it appears that this coming week and weekend are going to be just as busy as the one just past...

Roleplaying tonight [I'm so excited! I think I might like it better than LARPs!], hopefully I can get away in time to get a decent amount of sleep before I get up to meet someone on campus about the ultracentrifuge for my samples. And, roleplaying on Thursday! Much excitement! A two-session module [or something to that effect] with Conrad. It will be Unknown Armies, which I've never played, but neither has Amy, so I don't feel quite so awkward.

No comments: