Monday, 22 January 2007

weekend over.

So, on friday we trundled off to Adrianna's birthday party. She is, as she put it, halfway to 30. This confused me greatly as she's 25, not 15, but apparently I'm too literal. Anyway, it was lots of fun and it was nice to see all those people that I haven't seen in a long time.

On Saturday, we cleaned the house. We did a couple of other things, like go for a walk and watch P&P3 [which is actually the fourth movie, but if you're confused as to why, check out Pemberley]. I like that movie. It doesn't stick quite so close to the book as I could wish [giving Caroline's line to Mary and then having Caroline give the reply is just nonsense], but it's beautiful to watch. The costumes are lovely, though less lavish on all accounts than P&P2, which I'm most familiar with. And finally, a Jane that's prettier than Lizzy. Pemberley is one of my favourite places to go, I find it very calming.

Sunday saw us up early as we wandered over to Wembley Square to meet Lynn, who lives in our building. We had a bunch of stuff for her from her cousin in NY, and so we wandered over for coffee and, apparently, breakfast. It was then back home to meet up at the pool and swim away some of the heat. After that, I went up to reorganise our shelves, so that we can actually fit our stuff on them. They're looking much better, though not amazingly perfect yet.

No comments: