Monday, 04 December 2006

Monday, Monday...

IIRC, that's the name of a song. but I might not.

otherwise, there's not that much to say. I'm at work. I'm updating Sarah's register. It's going very slowly. I've been doing it ALL morning...

For some reason, I'm very sleepy, but I don't know what it is.

anyway, I went off to the funeral on friday and as I was joining the m3 from that nasty area around the hospital, a red car did a very naughty lane change in front of me. due to the traffic I was quite close behind said red car for quite a while and I noticed that the occupant of the back seat looked an awful lot like david seaward. who, one would think, would have been at work at that time... so I was confused.

the funeral was very much a funeral. and val was only a few months younger than my grandparents, actually. she was also catholic so the funeral was quite long and quite religious. her children's words were quite moving, however.

that night steven and I watched the extended edition of RotK. I enjoyed it, except for the bit with the spider, which I did my very best not to watch. it went on for ever. saturday morning saw steven climb to the top of devil's peak while I stayed in bed. then... we went shopping and I have new pants. this is because it's very difficult to find pants that fit me [and aren't from the children's department] without needing to be taken up. so when we do, it's very exciting!

saturday was apparently very busy. having found food for to eat this week, we went home to throw it all in the fridge and then head out to the beach for one of his friend's birthday celebrations. then we left, he was dropped off at home and I went on to mary-anne's. we were going to go out for coffee, but she had just received a new dog [a doberman-great dane cross], named Jordan, so I went there. he was very sweet and [most importantly] didn't knock me over.

otherwise... we finished watching melancholy on sunday, which was nice. and now I must watch it in chronological order...

so, today it's back to work and then to home and then to play my game. which will be fun. I look forward to it... of course, I'm not entirely sure what we're in the middle of right now. Will have to revise before I head out there...

3 comments:

phillygirl said...

Morning peeb,
Have you thought of adding a glossary type thing to your blog ?? I think it probably needs one. Wtf are IIRC & RotK ??
Hello, normal people read your blog too ;)

akika said...

no, the thought never occurred to me.
IIRC = if I recall correctly.
RotK = Return of the King, the third in Lord of the Rings [LotR]
and I'd hardly call you normal.

doc said...

wtf? imho, she doesn't need a glossary. Although, tbf, iirc is new to me and having seen lotr3 (rotk) with pb the day before it perhaps made more sense that it would to a "normal" person. still, she likes to show that she is 31i73 (or 1337 as the case may be). btw, the chronological order can be found here: List of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya episodes