Monday, 27 November 2006

oooh...

Goodness me, look at that, a shiny new blog. Isn't that exciting? I think so.

Anyway, I am at the museum, not working. I'm thinking about coke because I haven't had any for a long time [well, a long time for me, it's been nearly two days. I think] and I'm thinking about chocolate because there's some in my bag that I'm trying not to eat.

I'm not getting any work done for a number of reasons. I've been away from the museum [actually getting paid actual money! how very strange!] and so haven't spent much time with my email and so had to catch up on that. clearly, I am also wasting time doing things like this. and like looking at other people's blogs and stuff.

so, what do I have to tell you... on saturday, doc and I went to see the Pinter play
Betrayal, at the Baxter. It wasn't in the big theatre, it was in a cute little one up on the side. I thought it was wonderful! I didn't really understand all the nuances, but I'm a relatively straightforward kind of person... I don't always understand all the nuances when other reasonably straightforward people tell me things.
Anyway, if you were considering it, I would suggest going to see it 'cause it's wonderful. There would be lots more gushing, but I'm not in the mood.

In other news, it feels very strange to call him doc, but that's what he's called on his blog, so I'm just going to have to get used to it. perhaps I should call him doc-doc. that's just weird and I don't think I will.

otherwise, we had a lovely time at miller's with people for my birthday celebrations. many thanks to all those of you who came and especial thanks to adrianna for spotting and removing the giant scary scorpion. pictures can be found on doc's blog.

oooh, and I've just remembered that one of my ex-boyfriends has acquired a friend of the female persuasion! oh the cuteness! I feel a bit like a fond mother, which is disconcerting, but otherwise all is well.

all I've read lately has been fluff. however, I have started on asimov's
I, Robot, on adrianna's recommendation and because we found it reasonably cheap at the market yesterday. I like it. it's not really surprising, since I'm not really difficult to please.

in other news, we're still kind of nervous about the christmas plans. we have the visa and the plane tickets, which means that we're going. but it's scary! I will have to spend time with people that I don't know. which is disconcerting because I'm not good with the people I do know [and like], never mind strangers that are semi-related! but it's okay. and we'll see benjamin and I like benjamin. I can cope with benjamin, benjamin is not a scary person.

doc has gone off for his interview - I hope he gets back in time to take me home for supper before I have to go to my game [yay! roleplaying!] with adrianna, simon, lucas and le wombat. I like my game. it's fun. and it involves nice people.

and now I really should carry on with the boxes I'm supposed to be cataloguing.

3 comments:

Phillipa said...

Hey peeby ;)
my little sis finally has her very own blog - i'm soo proud! i had a good laugh at your first post, i can hear it in your voice as i read it ... it couldn't have been written by anyone else (except perhaps me!) pahahahah. looking forward to keeping up with your exploits ;)
your big sis, phillygirl

confluence said...

Hey, it logged me in with my Google account! Sweet! Now I can actually comment on Blogger blogs (and not get rudely rejected because my random Telkom IP has previously been used by a spammer). Hooray for Google, efficient and friendly devourer of worlds!

So... uh... hello. I have added you to my feed reader. :D

doc said...

So I had to update the link to your blog, so long myspace! ...and you can call me steven, it is ok.